So we've had a couple of interested people email us with questions regarding our stance on fantasy hockey leagues.
Well, here's what we have to say. WE LOVE THEM. We especially love when we run our own and it becomes this monster that gets everyone texting/emailing each other with some good ribbing and trash-talking about each other's teams.
So we've been thinking of starting a Hockey Junkies Hockey League this season. What we would like is any input anyone here has about starting a league.
We want ideas for rules, any things you don't want to see, how things should be scored. Normally we do a team based on our favorite players whether they accumulate points or not and see who has the better-looking and better-playing 'husbands/boyfriends/favorite players'.
If you would like to participate in that, let us know. If you have any other input about anything to do with the league just comment here and/or email us with the headline of 'hj fantasy league' so we know what's up.
We're going to get this started next Sunday (9/11) with a tentative draft and/or submission of teams.
- NHL.com had the key questions facing the Western Conference teams and the Eastern Conference teams.
- Jeff Skinner is ready for the sophomore jinx and says, 'Bring it beetches.'
- Mike Cammalleri pretty much says the same thing although with a little more flair.
- The fish-faced and determined Taylor Hall is ready to put his injury behind him and get his sophomore season started.
- Who else is really excited for Brendan Shanahan to take over Colin Campbell's old position? We cannot wait.
- Logan Couture re-signed with the Sharks, a deal for two years worth 5.75 million dollars. Good for Juicy.
- The Phoenix Coyotes traded Lee Stempniak to the Calgary Flames for Daymond Lnagkow.
- Icethetics has a look at the new/third jerseys that will be coming to the NHL this season. Some are interesting and a few are just downright UGLAY.
- It looks like Marc Savard will be done for the 2011-2012 season.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets gave Fedor Tyutin a six-year extension. Damn, that's a long time.
- Another six-year deal came in the form of James van Riemsdyk re-signing with the Philadelphia Flyers.
- And the summer of death continues with the passing of Wade Belak yesterday in Toronto. It's really a shame and we just want this sadness to stop.
- Apparently there are allegations from fans that views a video on Caps365 that Alexander Ovechkin is out of shape. We had to laugh while reading this article.
- Dustin Byfuglien was arrested in Minnesota for boating while intoxicated. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
And here's the mugshot
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh my god we can't stop.