Brendan Shanahan does not F around. We like this tough Shanny that's showing up on NHL Network to explain his rulings.
We like it a lot. It's nice to see explanations of suspensions and bans for once.
And here we go with the suspensions:
- Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond was suspended the rest of preseason and one regular season game for his boarding of Matt Clackson.
- Jody Shelley was suspended for the rest of the preseason and the first five regular season games for his boarding of Darryl Boyce.
- Brad Boyes was suspended two games for his illegal hit to the head of Joe Colborne.
- Brad Staubitz was suspended for the rest of preseason and three regular season games for his hit from behind to Cody Bass.
- James Wisniewski was suspended for the rest of preseason and eight regular season games for an illegal check to the head to Cal Clutterbuck.
- Jean-Francois Jacques was suspended for the rest of the preseason and five regular season games for coming off the bench on a legal line change to start a fight with Mike Duco.
- Antero Niittymaki will miss twelve weeks recovering from surgery to help pain related to a lower-body injury sustained last season.
- Everyone by now has heard of the Wayne Simmonds/banana incident in London Ont., well there was so much support for him and also Twitter outrage about the incident.
- Current players placed on waivers...link.
- Marc Staal is not travelling with the team to Europe. We can hear Mama Staal's disapproval for Eric from here. And Glen Sather's, he questions the source of MStaal's headaches...
- Speaking of concussions, Dave Perron will be rejoining the St. Louis Blues this week. We couldn't be happier for him.
- The Montreal Canadiens signed Chris Campoli to a one year, 1.75 million dollar contract.
- During a kerfuffle yesterday in the Flyers/Rangers game, Sean Avery claims that Wayne Simmonds uttered a homophobic slur to him.
- Sam Gagner is now out week-to-week with an ankle sprain. Really? It's starting already...
- And we're out...TAKE IT AWAY, B-RY!