Brent Seabrook had his annual bowling night with fellow Blackhawks helping out to raise some money for charity.
- After Jay Beagle was knocked out by Arron Asham, Brooks Laich had some strong words for the NHL's concussion protocol.
- The NHL will be holding a hearing for Kris Letang's boarding call that happened yesterday during the Penguins/Jets game.
- Trivia-Time: The Rangers haven't won in Vancouver in fourteen years.
- As more and more eighteen-year-olds make the rosters for NHL teams they have to deal with the implications of them making the team and how they handle it.
- Hockey Canada's President Bob Nicholson wants the draft age raised to nineteen with an 'exceptional player' rule in place as well.
It's the return of the injuries:
- Rick DiPietro is out with a concussion now. Of course.
- Jason Blake was cut on his forearm by Brent Burns's skate and had to have surgery. He will now be out for three months recovering from it.
- Jeff Carter was put on IR after fracturing a few bones in his foot.
- Evgeni Malkin has soreness in his surgically-repaired knee and will be out for a few games.
- Andy McDonald is out with a concussion. He suffered one last season and the Blues are not happy about this news.
- Michal Neuvirth left the Capitals practice session with a bruised foot yesterday.
- Drew Doughty will be out for 7-10 days with an upper-body injury. Boo!
- Tyler Kennedy is out for the Penguins with concussion-like symptoms.
- It never ends.