St. Louis Blues
Sometimes we like the Blues. And sometimes we can't stand the bastards. They have so much potential in some games and it's so much fun to watch them. And then in other games, it's so frustrating that we want to stab everyone in the room with us.
It's hard to remember how the season went for the Blues. It was really up and down for them. The acquisition of Jaroslav Halak helped some but there were still holes in the defense and injury woes.
David Perron has been out since November. TJ Oshie was in and out with injuries. There were similar disappearances with players. Barrett Jackman and Alex Steen, just to name a few. It just wasn't a good year health-wise for the Blues.
Then the trade deadline came around and boom goes the dynamite. Mr. Armstrong gave away Erik Johnson for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk. Then he traded Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a skate bag and a pick. And bye-bye to Eric Brewer.
After that fire-sale, the Blues were a skeleton of a team. They had to call up almost their entire farm team. But they never gave up and that's what we really like about them. They can be down but they're never really out.
There was a lot of change in the time between the trade deadline and free agency and it's tough to tell whether this change was for the better or not. Only time will tell but keep the faith Blues fans, you still have a pretty nice-looking team.
General Manager - Doug Armstrong
Coach - Davis Payne
Team Captain - there isn't one but we're voting for David Backes, duh
Player(s) everyone should love - Alex Pietrangelo
hello, Mr. Dreamy-pants
Player we don’t love - Scott Nichol because he sucker-punches players?
Who they got - Danny Syvret, Jamie Langenbrunner, Jason Arnott, Jonathan Cheechoo, Scott Nichol, Brett Sterling, Kent Huskins & Brian Elliott
Who they lost - Ty Conklin, Cam Janssen, Tyson Strachan, Dean Arsene, Nathan Oystrick & Chris Porter
Located at - Scottrade Center
Hotness level - 9
Yes, they are hotter than the Hawks and definitely hotter than a lot of other teams out there. Listen because here's why:
1. Patrik Berglund, so hot that the 'c' in his first name was rendered unnecessary
2. TJ Oshie, girls in college were friends with Jonny Toews to get to TJ not the other way around
3. Alex Pietrangelo, sweet and good-looking and a good player which makes him a bonafide heartbreaker already
4. David Backes and his wife have charities to help abused and abandoned animals which makes both of them hot
5. BJ Crombeen doesn't let diabetes run his life, that's hot
6. Vladimir Sobotka looks like he would make a very pretty Czech girl
7. Nikita Nikitin, first off he has an awesome name and second he's Russian so he's got that going for him
8. Ben Bishop, he's 6'5" of manly goalie so yes please
9. Jason Arnott's face
And boom goes the dynamite.