- The Sharks signed Brent Burns to a five-year contract extension before he has even played a game for them. That's pretty massive.
- Devils bought out Colin White and Trent Hunter.
Then the Sharks signed Colin White to a one-year contract.
- The US Hall of fame named their inductees. Chris Chelios, Gary Suter, Keith Tkachuk, Mike Emrick and Ed Snider.
- VERSUS will be renamed the NBC Sports Network on January 2, 2012.
- The Islanders bid for a new arena was defeated in the polls by voters in Nassau County.
- Some good news (maybe) for the Islanders is that Evgeni Nabokov says that he will be joining the team when training camp starts.
- And the Islanders also re-signed Blake Comeau to a one-year contract while avoiding arbitration.
- Did anyone else find this highly disturbing to see on their screens when checking on NHL.com?
It kind of stunned us to see that October is coming soon.
- It seems that Nikolai Zherdev has returned to the Motherland and signed with a team in the KHL.
- Ryan Kesler had surgery on his labrum and will be recovering for 10-12 weeks.
- David Perron will not be ready for the 2011-2012 season. And it seems that it's bad news that this fact is already known and training camps haven't even started yet.
- The Blackhawks re-signed Patrick Sharp to a five-year contract extension. We heard a lot of squeals from the Windy City when this was announced.
- Shea Weber re-signed with the Predators, a one-year deal worth 7.5 million which makes him the highest paid defenseman in the league. Boom.