not a General Manager was stirring, not even Brian Burke.
Well, that's a lie. He's always doing something.
- Apparently on the infamous Bruins bar tab receipt, a player ordered an Amstel Light. One single bottle. And now the company is trying to find out who it was and reward him with free beer on his day with the Cup.
Wouldn't it suck if it was you and you only order that when you're completely wasted? We wouldn't fess up to it. Not at all.
- Have you ever wanted to know what Kevin Bieksa's top twenty quotes are? Well, now you know.
- The Montreal Canadiens traded James Wisniewski's rights to the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Todd Marchant announces his retirement after 18 season.
- Paul Kariya also announces his retirement after 15 seasons.
- Apparently there is some trouble with the Predators and their offer sheets to their RFAs.
- The Predators also bought out JP Dumont and he will be a free agent tomorrow.
- The Wild put Cam Barker on unconditional waivers so that they can buy him out.
- Tyler Sloan was bought out by the Capitals and cleared waivers.
- Now there are concerns about the health of Colin Fraser that may void the Ryan Smyth trade to Edmonton.
- Steven Stamkos could be given an offer sheet.
- Tomas Kaberle will test free agency but the Bruins could want him afterwards. You never know.
- Teemu Selanne will have to have knee surgery this off-season.
- After the initial shock of being traded to the Blue Jackets, Jeff Carter is 'excited' and 'can't wait to have a fresh start'.
- New Wild coach Mike Yeo has picked his coaching staff and one of the guys chosen is Darryl Sydor.
- The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg's jersey, number 21, during the '11-'12 season.
- The Maple Leafs and the Rangers will fight to the death for Brad Richards.
Signings & Re-Signings
- Lightning re-signed Dwayne Roloson to a one-year deal.
- The Islanders traded Christian Ehrhoff's rights to the Buffalo Sabres who then signed him to a ten-year deal worth 40 million.
- Canucks re-signed Andrew Alberts to a two-year deal.
- Penguins re-signed Arron Asham to a one-year deal.
- Yannick Weber was re-signed by the Canadiens to a two-year deal.
- The Avalanche re-signed David Jones to a one-year deal.
- The Blues re-signed TJ Oshie to a one-year deal worth 2.35 million.
- Ladislav Smid was re-signed by the Edmonton Oilers to a two-year deal.
- The Sharks re-signed Jamie McGinn and Frazer McLaren.
- The Sabres traded Steve Montador's rights to the Chicago Blackhawks who then signed him to a four-year deal worth 11 million.
- Avalanche re-signed Ryan O'Byrne and Matt Hunwick.
- The Hurricanes re-signed Jussi Jokinen to a three-year, 9 million dollar deal.
- Jonathan Ericsson was re-signed by the Red Wings to a three-year 9.75 million dollar deal.