So, we're going to try our hand at this reenactor recaps. We've been pretty bummed lately that our teams haven't made the playoffs this season. And yes, we have been spoiled the past three season with teams that we root for.
This game was ridiculous and we feel just awful for Nathan Horton and hope that he isn't injured too severely.
Anyway, this is what we saw during the SCF 2011 Game Three.
WHAT SHE SAID:
THE 2011 STANLEY CUP FINALS REENACTED BY FOR REAL (and not currently bogus) READY FOR PRIME TIME PLAYERS!!!
GAME 3 RECAP
- Relax. It's 1996, not 2011. Specifically June 6, 1996 so it's fifteen years to the day of this Game Three.
- Miss Cleo definitely had something to say about this game.
Score will be 8-1.
- Peter Forsberg and his weak ankles are still playing for the NHL. He has two goals and is aiming for the hat trick.
- And then he gets it and promptly twists his ankle with the victory lap around the arena when he scores on the power play.
- The Florida Panthers are relevant in the NHL. Who would have thought this actually happened?
- Patrick Roy is in his crease, lonely as can be. He is death glaring at everyone in the stands behind him while making a noose out of the net.
- So the Panthers weren't that relevant in the NHL even back then.
- Game ends 8-1 (told you Miss Cleo had something to say) and the Avalanche sing their way into the locker room while Denver celebrates such a lopsided win.
- Somewhere in Ontario, our little son was glued to the television way past his bedtime to watch this game and cried when Forsberg got the hatty.
We raised him right, that's for sure.