- So, the combine started on Tuesday and went all week in Toronto. It's been a hectic couple of days for the kids leading up to the draft at the end of this month.
Speaking of the combine, every team has their own specifications on what they look for when doing the combine.
- The Dallas Stars will not be signing free agent Brad Richards which is just awful news for Stars fans. (Thanks to Shanny for the link).
- Brendan Shanahan is now the new disciplinarian for the NHL. This excites us to no end.
- The Florida Panthers named Kevin Dineen as the new head coach. Let's hope this one lasts.
JS Giguere had surgery and is a free agent and now he has no idea what is going to happen to him by July 1st.
- There was no disciplinary action for Alex Burrows biting Patrice Bergeron in Game One because there was "no conclusive evidence".
- Dan Hamhuis is injured and it is time for someone to step up and be the second half of the greatest shutdown pair ever.
- Sidney Crosby has been cleared by a doctor to begin off-ice training. Yay! Hopefully he will be ready to skate by January! Yay!
- Elliotte Friedman has his 30 Thoughts and his opinion on the Winnipeg front office situation.
- Hal Gill was re-signed by the Canadiens to a one-year deal.
- The Rangers obtained the rights to Tim Erixon (and a fifth round pick) from the Flames (signed him) in return for Roman Horak and a pair of second-round picks.
- The Blues re-signed Roman Polak to a five-year deal.
- Drew Stafford was re-signed by the Sabres to a four-year contract.
- Don Waddell will not be moving with the team to Winnipeg.
- And Rick Dudley will not be the GM for the Thrashers. This will be a totally new look management team.
- Tickets have been going at such a fast pace it is ridiculous. In the first four hours, 1,900 tickets were sold then 4,000 plus seats were sold on day two. They reached the season ticket goal in four minutes.