If you know us then you know that we have absolutely no vested interest in who wins the Stanley Cup this season. Doesn't mean that we don't care so don't read too much into the first sentence.
We like/dislike both teams equally. It would be cool to see either team win. Both deserve the Cup and they better give us seven amazingly good games so that the season ends with a bang instead of a whimper.
Of course many other people do care who wins but we'd be happy either way since the Cup is going somewhere and both seem like the only options.
Tomorrow is Game One and we decided to do a Top Ten of sorts of why this Finals will be fun even if we have no real team in the Finals.
Top Ten: SC Finals Edition
10. Tim Thomas vs Roberto Luongo
09. the very underrated Patrice Bergeron raising the Stanley Cup
08. The Three Musketeers: Burrows, Kesler & Bieksa
07. Kevin Bieksa being even more of a badass
06. Brad Marchand vs Raffi Torres
05. a European captain raising the Cup
04. a drought will be over
03. Cam Neely being thisclose to the Cup
02. Conn Smythe being handed out
01. the potential for overtime in Game Seven with a goal by the player you love
If you don't (or do) have a favorite team in the Finals, let us know why you'll be watching the Finals this season.