- Bob McKenzie says that it the success of the Canucks relies on one man and he isn't Swedish or a twin. It's Ryan Kesler.
- Ulf Samuelsson, former coach for the Phoenix Coyotes, has been hired to be the head coach of MODO. We can imagine Naslund and Forsberg laughing evilly as they quietly build the next Swedish hockey empire.
- The last award was the Foundation Award and the nominees were Mike Green, Dustin Brown and the Brothers Sedin.
- Brad Richards shares secrets about penetrating both Luongo and Rinne.
- Rumors abound that the New Jersey Devils will be hiring Kevin Hitchcock as their head coach. If this is true, do not panic, the Devils will still be playing the trap so it's not that big of a change.
- Sean Avery finally got to Henrik Lundqvist. They took the plunge and are now co-owners (with a bunch of other people) of a new restaurant in New York called Tiny's.
- Simon Gagne and Pavel Kubina did not play in Game Two against the Washington Capitals and they are still questionable for Game Three in Tampa.
- It's okay though cause Steve Downie is there to rescue Tampa offensively. Who would have guessed he would be the more prolific Steve(n) in Tampa?
- Matt Halischuk is interviewed about his game-winning goal in Game Two against the Vancouver Canucks. He is one happy kid about that goal.
- From Macke (a while ago), this is a commercial for the Ford Focus
Hahahaha, we love the Swede and of course Gene
- Breaking News: Philadelphia Flyers still do not have a #1 goaltender for the play offs. Oh wait, not that 'Breaking News' huh? Oops.
- New York Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto has undergone sports hernia surgery. Guess all that training with Gary Roberts in the summer doesn't do much help during the season.
- In last night's Game Two between the Boston Bruins and the Philadelphia Flyers, Adam McQuaid tried to hit Mike Richards, missing him completely and then flew into the end boards hitting his head/neck first.
He is okay and has traveled with the team back to Boston. They are saying that it is a neck injury and that he is okay for now.
World Championships News:
- In Canada's latest game, a 4-3 OT win over Switzerland, Jordan Eberle was the offensive star and Alex Pietrangelo scored the game-winner just four minutes into the period.
- Radek Martinek was injured when he received a hit to the head during the Czech Republic vs. Latvia game. It is being reported to be a concussion.
- Just give Jeff Skinner the Calder now because not only is he still what, fifteen? and played an amazing season in the NHL but now he is also leading the men's hockey World Championships in scoring. Get outta town, Skinner.
- Example #1 of Jeff Skinner being awesome is his two goal, one assist performance against France. Hate him.
- This article talks about the US players reactions to the death of Osama Bin Laden and how that will not effect their play, Matt Duchene's views of that death on Twitter and finally Yan Stastny (son of the infamous Peter Stastny) being an American playing in Slovakia and how he is proud of his roots.
- The US squad was down 2-0 against the Norwegians but they battled back and won 4-2 in a great effort sparked by a goal from Nick Palmieri who also had another, the game-winner.