#3 Boston Bruins / #5 Tampa Bay Lightning
Bruins lead series 2-1 after a 2-0 shutout
Tim Thomas had 31 saves and was impressive in the Bruins win in Tampa.
The Bruins hushed the home crowd and held the fort through sixty minutes.
Big news was Patrice Bergeron being back in the lineup and killing it in the faceoff dot.
Because he's a boss.
You can tell that he's an integral part of the Bruins run. Like Jordan Staal and Dave Bollan for the previous two Cup winners.
- Daniel Carcillo was suspended for two games in the 2011-2012 season for his actions at the end of game four against the Bruins.
- The Montreal Canadiens signed a Russian defenseman, Alexei Yemelin, to a one-year contract.
- There is talk about who Joe Nieuwendyk will hire as the Dallas Stars new coach. Gossip says it's Mike Keenan. (thanks to Shanny for the link)
- The city of Edmonton has approved the beginnings of a new arena deal. This is huge news and we are keeping our fingers crossed that this works out.
- The Ottawa Senators have signed two forwards to multi-year deals, Zack Smith and Colin Greening.
- Mikael Samuelsson is out indefinitely after getting hernia surgery. We don't even remember him playing this post-season.
- In case you hadn't seen it, instead of the Green Men at the Canucks/Sharks game this chick decided to show her ta-tas. Really? Because women who love sports don't have enough to battle through this girl had to be a dipshit.
- And also speaking of that game, Ben Eager was completely off his rocker and just doing stupid shit everywhere. TSN's Netcrashing asks fans if the Sharks should sit him in Game Three.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Corey Crawford to a three-year deal. Good news for the Hawks, finally.
- For all of you Memorial Cup junkies/American fans, NHL Network will be televising games on Saturday @ 9am and at 7pm. And this is just the start, other games will be televised depending on what's happening in the Conference Finals.
PS- In case you hadn't seen, The Hockey Junkies was reviewed by The Hockey Writers in this link. We couldn't have been happier to participate in the question and answer part so read it and let us know what you think.
PPS- We will have a 'Greatest Bromances of the 21st Century' part two soon with all of your suggestions. Thanks for the comments and emails.