- The Panthers are still on the hunt for a coach and now that Tallon is back from Europe (scouting and Worlds) then they can go at it seriously now.
- Here's a little story about Kevin Bieksa's personal Conference Finals. He had to move during the play offs. Why would anyone want to do that? Jeez.
- Manny Malholtra has been cleared for practice and is close to coming back. He will not play in Game One (so far as we know) but he's very close to playing.
- Defenseman Chris Pronger is unsure when his injuries will be healed enough to begin training and playing for next season.
- Mikael Granlund's lacrosse-style goal from the IIHF World Championships has been commemorated in Finland on a postage stamp. That's completely awesome!
- As you probably already know, Nathan Horton was fined for spraying fans from a water bottle after Game Six when the Bruins lost to the Lightning.
- Sidney Crosby's vacation is over and he will now be re-evaluated by a concussion specialist to see where he is in his recovery.
A whole bunch of signings happened:
- Edmonton Oilers signed Ryan Jones to a 2-year deal
- St. Louis Blues signed Patrik Berglund to a 2-year extension
- Florida Panthers signed Jack Skille to a 2-year extension as well
- Casey Cizikas signed an entry-level contract with the New York Islanders
- The deal is in place to move the Thrashers to Winnipeg. It is pending until the NHL Board of Governors votes to approve/deny.
- The Manitoba Moose have been dissolved so far and it is pending what happens and where they will go when the NHL moves into town.
- Andrew Ladd was asked about all of this.
- And now Quebec City wants a team.
- Congratulations to the Saint John Sea Dogs for winning the Memorial Cup. It is the first one won by any team in the Maritimes.