- You have to watch the latest Cabbie Presents on TSN. He asks the Florida Panthers about nicknames.
We were almost in tears watching this. It's pretty hilarious.
- Brian Elliott signed a two-year contract extension with the St. Louis Blues and it is well deserved with how he and the team are playing this season.
- The Panthers and Hurricanes made a trade with Evgeni Dadonov and Al Jenks going to the Canes and the Panthers receiving Jonathan Matsumoto and Mattias Lindstrom.
- It seems that the Hurricanes are sellers this trading season. They traded Alexei Ponikarovsky to the New Jersey Devils for Joseph Sova and a fourth-round pick in 2012.
- Former Colorado Avalanche Brandon Yip was claimed off of waivers by the Predators.
- New Jersey Devils will be without Henrik Tallinder for six to eight weeks after suffering a blood clot in his leg.
- Francois Beauchemin signed a three-year contract extension with the Anaheim Ducks.
- You know how we feel about Dad's Trips...here is the Wild's Dad's trip.
- We found this interesting article about Joffrey Lupul's journey back to the NHL on Yahoo!Sports and thought it was a good read for everyone. We didn't even know half of the stuff that he went through and it's amazing that he's playing.
- Last night, Kris Versteeg played his first game at the United Center as a member of the Florida Panthers since being traded after they won the Stanley Cup. This is also an interesting article about his return.
- Winnipeg Jets forward Nik Antropov was fined the standard $2,500 for boarding Buffalo Sabres defenseman TJ Brennan.
- Montreal Canadiens defenseman PK Subban was also fined $2,500 for a 'dangerous trip' on Chris Kunitz in last night's game between the Penguins and the Canadiens.
- Marc Savard made an appearance in front of the media today to discuss how he is feeling and his hope to return to the Bruins soon.
- There was both good news and bad news for the Winnipeg Jets today. They got back Zach Bogosian on the blueline but then found out that Evander Kane will be out indefinitely with a concussion. It never ends.
- Grace sent us a link to vote for the Hobey Baker Award and a video of the player that she would vote for because: Justin Schultz (drafted by the Ducks), because I went to Wisconsin. But this goal is a beauty. He was a finalist last year, and should repeat at least as a finalist.
- Some news on the Crosby Concussion front: He traveled to California to see a neurological spine specialist. We can only keep our fingers crossed.
- We found this article from Chicago Now titled 'When Puck Bunny Turns Stalker' and we liked some of the points it made. Where is the line between being a fan and being a stalker? We don't think everyone is a stalker, but we've seen our fair share.
- Here and here are some trade rumors from around the league. You know how much we love gossip.
- The assistant captains for the All Star game have been announced: Henrik Lundqvist will be assisting fellow Swede Daniel Alfredsson while Joffrey Lupul will be helping Zdeno Chara picking a team.
Interesting choices. What do you think?
- The six events that will comprise the Skills Competition have been announced. It's the usual ones, nothing exciting.
- Also, the coaches have been announced for each team. For Team Chara, Claude Julien and his staff will be the coaches because they won the Cup last season. For Team Alfredsson, John Tortorella and Todd McLellan will be the big guys.
- In case you've been wondering what happened and who was at the Flyers' Wives Fashion Show, we have a few links here that will satisfy that need.
The Philly Post. Crossing Broad with videos and analysis. And this video of Lauren Pronger talking about her husband's injury and his difficult time with it.
(Another thanks to Grace for the links)