[excuse us for the sassy post today...]
- James Neal has been named the replacement for Alex Ovechkin. Yay. Finally, Pens fans can stop bitching about him not going. We're sorry we're not sorry. He deserved it but shut the hell up already.
- Adam Larsson and Adam Henrique are not going to represent the Devils at the All Star Game for the rookies so Raphael Diaz from the Canadiens and Carl Hagelin from the Rangers have been named their replacements.
Does anyone else think this is a calculated move by Lou Lamoriello as a way to protest the ASG and everything it represents? Yes we know that both kids are injured but this seems like a Sweet Lou thing to do. He doesn't let his players Twitter. He doesn't let them have personalities. We're only half-joking on that. Just something to ponder.
- TSN wants to know who you think will go last in the ASG Draft tomorrow night? So we're going to ask the same question. Who do you think will go last? We're betting it's Brian Campbell because he's a ginger and plays for the Panthers.
- Lots of new guys going to the All Star Game. TSN has an article about some of these guys and how they handled this news. And how they're going to handle the festivities.
The one player they don't mention is John Tavares. You know how we feel about his face. And you should know how excited we are to see him at the ASG. The kid definitely deserves the recognition.
- Jamie Benn was activated off IR just in time for the All Star Game. We couldn't be happier for him. Like Tavares, we think he is another young player who deserves teh recognition and we can't wait to see how he does.
- The Sharks put Antero Niittymaki on waivers.
- The Leafs re-signed John-Michael Liles to a four-year contract extension.
- This video is from Tuorto and we couldn't stop watching it. Someone stop the pain but we have to watch it.