- Patrick Burke, son of Brian Burke, is interviewed about his work trying to bridge the gap between gay and straight athletes and what he thinks about gay athletes in hockey. We recommend this interview highly. It is a great read.
- In Georges Laraque's new book, he claims that the NHL has a real problem with steroid use. It's a good article and Laraque says some pretty crazy things.
- This book also caused Darren Pang to come to the defense of Wayne Gretzky on Twitter after Laraque said that he was the worst coach he ever played for. It's some kind of crazy.
- We know it's been a while but the St. Louis Blues fired Davis Payne and hired Ken Hitchcock as their new head coach. The next game, the Blues shut out the Hawks in a 3-0 win.
- The Predators victory song is Lionel Richie's 'All Night Long'...yes, this song...
No one will fess up to it being their choice or their song.
- George Parros will be out for four weeks after getting a puck to the eye that damaged his retina. Surgery was successful.
- Tom Connolly is out for ten to fourteen days with an upper body injury. So many injuries it's ridiculous.
- The Penguins traded Mark Letestu to the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 2012 fourth-round pick. Interesting...
- The Flyers signed Braydon Coburn to a four-year, $18 million contract.