- The St. Louis Blues traded Erik Johnson, Jay McClement and a first round pick to the Colorado Avalanche for Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk and a second round pick. Talk about a blockbuster.
- But they're not done. The Blues also traded Eric Brewer to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Brock Beukeboom, an unsigned draft pick, and a third-round pick in the 2011 draft.
- The Ottawa Senators traded Jarkko Ruutu to the Anaheim Ducks for a sixth round pick. Ruutu and Corey Perry on the same team? Scary.
- Finally, the Toronto Maple Leafs traded Tomas Kaberle to the Boston Bruins for Joe Colborne, first round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.
- In one of the strangest trades this season, the Colorado Avalanche traded Craig Anderson for Brian Elliott. Goalie swap! Seriously though, why would the Avs just give him up?
- The Bruins traded Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart to the Atlanta Thrashers for Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik.
- Kevin Bieksa, the glass defenseman, now has a broken foot. That means that there are literally two NHL-calibre defensemen on the Canucks blueline, sort of.
- Jaroslav Halak was put on IR by the Blues with a hand injury.
- Suffering from almost the same injury as Halak, Derick Brassard was put on IR by the Blue Jackets. And he was having such a good season...
- Brad Richards is out for a while with concussion-like symptoms. That's a dirty shame for the Stars.
- The Nashville Predators' Ryan Suter was injured in a game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Marian Gaborik, who must be made of papier mache, is out with a concussion. That's like the hot word this season unfortunately.